Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sick Sick Sick

Last Wednesday I got pharyngitis :(
So I went home for Easter weekend 2 days early... I spent Wednesday-Friday sick at home and then Saturday and Sunday enjoying spending time with family.
I always enjoy going home, it is usualy relaxing and I love seeing my little 6 year old sister! [and my 2 other sisters too ha ha]
[*Note: I left my camera at home so my only pictures are from my camera]


I miss her terribly when I am away at school! I swear, each time I get home she is bigger!


Her little face with my big sunglasses! This is the current background on my phone!

So while I was laying in bed sick I did a lot of reading. I finished Catcher in the Rye and I also read the last three issues of Good Housekeeping. So I know that I am still in college but I absolutely love reading magazines like Good Housekeeping and Family Circle. I guess it's my inner housewife/mothering instincts!
Anyways, in an article it showed a recipie/picture for a delicious looking dessert! So that night my mom and I tweaked the recipie a little and made a layered strawberry shortcake!


On the bottom layer is angle food cake, then a layer of a whipped cream/vanilla pudding mixture, then a layer of strawberries!

It turned out amazing! And it was the PERFECT spring desert!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better! Being sick over the holidays is totally lame.

    I love Catcher in the Rye. Such an interesting book.

    That dessert looks awesome! I love any dessert with strawberries in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better!

    That dessert looks so so good!

    ReplyDelete