Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Super Scooper

Being surrounded by tons of delicious ice cream while either A) stressed out from dealing with customers or B) bored due to lack of customers ... is HARD.


Butter Pecan, Turtle, Black Raspberry, Oreo Cheesecake, Coffee Ripple... the list goes on and on. Not to mention tons of candy toppings and brownie sundaes! Oh my! It's enough to make any girl that cares about her health go running!


Ice cream every once in a while is good. Every day is very, very bad. I am struggling with this so much right now. I go to work every day telling myself I will NOT have any of this. Then I end up taking a bite or two and I justify it because it was just a "sample size." Then at the end of the night I ruin it out of habit. It's late (11pm or later), I'm stressed, and my feet hurt. For 2 years I have been used to grabbing a treat at the end of the night, a milkshake here, a waffle cone there. Now, even when I desperatly want to break this habit, I can't seem to keep from slipping up.


Trust me I have tried many times to completely cut out ice cream when I work. And trust me, every single time it has failed. As soon as you say "NO! ABSOLUTELY NONE OF THIS"... doesn't it just seem that much more appealing?




I need a solution! I know I could easily cut out 5-10 pounds if I stopped eating so much ice cream 5+ times a week...

My [Potential] Solution :

Have a very filling, healthy dinner so I will be full during work and cut down my urge to nibble on ice cream and in turn shove 2 milkshakes down my throat at the end of the night. A lot of times I will grab something for dinner on my way out the door (I almost always work the closing shift... 6/7-11pm). I think having a big (and healthy) dinner will be the first step in keeping myself on track.

Any suggestions?!

1 comment:

  1. you remind me of my best friend who works at a chocolate store. haha she says she never gets sick of it.

    I think eating a light, but filling dinner would curb the snacking! good luck :)

    ReplyDelete